You can issue gift cards to customers manually or list as them as products for customers to purchase. Gift card information will be sent to customers in the form of emails or text messages, and customers can use the gift card to offset the corresponding order amount when shopping in the store.
1. Create and edit gift card product
1.1 Create a gift card product
[Products] > [Gift Card Management] > [Create Gift Card Product]
(2) Setup procedure
Step 1: Fill up the details of the gift card product
- Fill in the gift card product details to help customers find what you're selling, and to better present your products to customers.
- In addition to the product title, you may also need to enter some product details, including product description, image, price, shipping details and more.
Step 2: Set the face value of the gift card product
- The system presets 4 different face values for you, including 10, 25, 50, and 100 but you can always edit and set them based on your requirements. The face values will be displayed to customers as the product variants for customers to purchase.
- For example: You can set the face values of $20 and $30, which means that this gift card product has two variants of $20 and $30, which are priced at $20 and $30 respectively.
- In addition, different countries/regions have different legal regulations on the face values of gift cards. Exceeding the specified denomination limit may be subjected to supervision by local payment institutions. Therefore, please check the relevant regulations of your country/region before setting the face values to avoid penalties for non-compliance.
1.2 View and edit gift card products
There are two methods for viewing and editing of gift card products.
- Method 1: the first method is from [Products] > [Product Management] > Click the filter condition "Gift Cards". You will be able to view all gift card products, and select the corresponding gift card products to edit.
- Method 2 : the second method is via [Products] > [Gift Card Management] > [View Gift Card Products]. All gift card products will be displayed together with their information including customer name, date of purchase, face value and gift card balance.
1.3 Gift card product purchase
- After a customer purchases a gift card product, you can go to [Orders] > [Order Details] > [Send Gift Card] to send an email or text message containing the gift card to customer.
2. Issue gift cards
[Products] > [Gift Card Management] > [Distribute Gift Cards]
(2) Setup procedure
Step 1: Set the face value of the gift card
- You need to set the face values of the gift card, and customers can use the gift card to offset the corresponding order amount when shopping in the store.
- You also need to set the expiry date of the gift card.
- If you set a specific expiration date, the gift card will expire on the day after the expiration date (the time zone where the store is located).
- For example: if you set the expiration date as August 1, 2022 (the store time zone is GMT-4), the gift card will expire at 0:00 on August 2, 2022 (the store time zone is GMT-4).
- In addition, please check the relevant regulations of your country/region before setting the face values to avoid penalties for violations.
Step 2: Select the customer to issue gift cards to and fill in the remarks
3. Gift card email or SMS notification
- After you issue a gift card to a customer, the customer will automatically receive an email or text message containing the gift card details and face value.
- If the customer does not receive the email or SMS, you can resend the email or SMS through the following two methods
- Method 1: [Products] > [Gift Card Management] > [Gift Card Details] > [Resend]
- Method 2: [Products] > [Gift Card Management] > Select or bulk select the gift card(s) > [Resend]
4. Use gift cards
- At storefront, customers can use the remaining gift card balance by entering the gift card number into the gift card/discount code and clicking "Apply".
- The balance of the gift card can be used to deduct the corresponding amount of the order amount.
- If a customer has multiple gift cards, a maximum of 5 gift cards can be stacked and used at the same time.
5. Gift Card Settings
[Settings] > [Gift Card]
(2) Setup procedure
- You can set a default validity period for gift cards.
- By default, gift cards have no expiration date, as it is illegal for gift cards to expire in some countries. If you set an expiration date, by default, the gift card will expire in five years.
- However, you can change the validity period for each gift card. Before changing this date, please check and confirm that you are complying with your country's rules and regulations for gift cards.
6. Disable gift cards
- Disabling gift cards is a permanent and irreversible action. Once the gift card is disabled, the customer cannot use the gift card. You can disable gift cards through the following two methods.
- Method 1: [Products] > [Gift Card Management] > [Gift Card Details] > [Disable]
- Method 2: [Products] > [Gift Card Management] > Select or bulk select gift cards > [Disable Gift Card]
Recently Viewed Articles
- Table export garbled
- Local Product Bulk Import Template Instruction
- WhatsApp Integration
- FAQ｜SHOPLINE Payments
- Recommendation on Image Size