You can connect your SHOPLINE online store with a SHOPLINE POS system to track online and offline inventory and sales. Using this sync can help prevent discrepancies and overselling.
|SHOPLINE POS integrates with a POS terminal, Cash Drawer, Receipt Printer, and Barcode Scanner.|
Table of content
- Setting up POS on SHOPLINE admin
- Adding Store Staff
- Setting up payment
- Uploading products
- Uploading inventory
Setting up POS on SHOPLINE admin
To connect your SHOPLINE store with SHOPLINE POS:
- From your SHOPLINE admin, under Channel Add POS.
Fill in your business information.
- Click on Create a store.
- Add a location
- Select Products > Bulk select products that you want to add to your POS and add to POS.
- Activate POS by installing SHOPLINE POS app from IOS/Andriod app store.
IOS: Apple App Store
Android: Google Play (only tablet version)
Now learn how you can connect your POS hardware.
Adding Store Staff
Only you (the account owner) can create staff accounts by sending an invitation to a staff member. Upon acceptance of the invitation, the staff member will be asked to:
- Log in to their existing SHOPLINE account if they already have their own account and want to access your store using that account login, or they can choose to create an account.
As soon as the staff members go through the sign-in process, they will be able to access your SHOPLINE admin panel.
To add a new staff account:
- From your SHOPLINE admin, go to POS > Staff.
- Click Add Staff.
- Enter the email address of the staff member you would like to invite and select the POS access of your staff member:
- Click Save.
An email invitation to create an account and join your team will be sent to the new staff member.
Setting up payment
When operating in-store, your customer will need to make payment for your product and service through a specific payment method. You will need to add a payment method in your SHOPLINE admin for it to be displayed in your POS hardware.
To add a payment method:
- From your SHOPLINE admin, go to POS > Settings.
- Under payment method, click Add payment method.
- Click Create custom collection method.
To allow customers to make payments through contactless payment (credit and debit card, ApplePay, GooglePay), you will need to activate SHOPLINE Payments, and you'll be able to get a payment terminal to enable you to receive payments.
To upload products to your SHOPLINE POS, you will need to upload products to your SHOPLINE admin and add them to your SHOPLINE POS channel.
Learn how to bulk upload products.
To upload products to SHOPLINE admin:
- From your SHOPLINE admin, go to Products.
- Click on Import products > Import locally.
- Download Template for bulk importing
- Fill in the required fields for bulk upload.
- Upload the excel sheet once you have added new products.
SHOPLINE product CSV files to import inventory quantities since the system will not recognise them. You must use the exported inventory CSV files.
Importing inventory quantities will cover your previous inventory data. To avoid data mismatches, it is recommended that inventory should be modified without other modifications to it (e.g. shop is open; someone else is changing the inventory information)
Learn how to update store inventory with CSV file.